Saturday, April 12, 2014

Razzberry Corner is back!!!

Wow!!!  A lot of time has passed since my last post!  So much has been going on here at Razzberry Corner!  ...Where to begin????

Let's start with the humans...  What's going on with us?

Over the winter I joined an awesome online weight-loss group called Lose It! (www.loseit.com).  It's a great support group that encourages you to eat less and exercise more, and teaches you how to count calories.  They have workout challenges, groups where discussions take place, and endless possibilities to make friends with similar exercise and weight-loss goals.  With this app I lost about 20 pounds.  I highly recommend it to everyone!  Best thing is, Lose It! is free.  Costs nothing to join the basic service, and $39.95 for a year of premium membership.  With the basic membership you can set only one weight loss goal, with the premium membership the number of goals you can set are almost endless, from weight goals to blood pressure, exercise minutes, steps taken, hydration (to encourage you to drink more water), nutritional goals are available, such as sodium, carbs, protein, fiber, you can even set a goal to sleep a certain number of hours every night.  Anyway, it's a pretty cool group and has motivated me to be healthy and happier.  Check it out if you want to lose weight.



I've been traveling a lot for my work, and am still putting in a lot of hours at work.  What else is new?

My husband has been working shiftwork for his job, often working nights with days off.  This means I have to take care of the animals most of the time, leaving me little to no free time to do things I enjoy, like write.

I have been very sick this year.  It's crazy because I believe that I'm healthier than I've ever been in my life. I got the flu in January, then the Norovirus in March, and now have an upper respiratory infection in April.  The Norovirus was no fun - I've never been that sick, ever.  It seems everyone is catching it - very contagious. If someone you know has it - run away as fast as you can!

Next post I'll move on to the interesting stuff - we'll discuss the farm critters and tell you how they all survived the long cold winter.  Lot's of craziness going on.  Wasn't that winter just the worst ever?





4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Welcome back, and congratulations on the weight loss....something I really need to work on. Maybe I'll check out the site ;)

Can't wait to hear about your critter adventures, and yes, we had the most horrible winter & kidding season e.v.e.r. this year.

Razzberry Corner said...

Thanks for the comment, Carolyn!!! Thanks for still being here! I figured I'd have to build my readers from scratch again, no one visits an empty blog!

I just visited your blog and saw all the kids. Very cute! The blog background made it hard to see the "About Me, Blog Archive, and other items on the side. What is the background, flying cat pop-tarts? You must explain!!

~Lynn

Farm Girl said...

So nice to see your post. I wondered where you were and what you have been doing. I hope you get all well soon and the weather stays nice.
I have thought about your animals and your chicks must be grown now.
I have new chicks now and am really enjoying them.
So glad for the update. I think my son is using that App. I think he really likes it but his is to gain weight. Because it tracks calories and he has to eat more. Men are so lucky. :)

Mary Ann said...

Nice to see you back! I'll run from the Norovirus!