Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter!

Here's a picture of our eggs from yesterday right after we brought them in from the hen house ~ we got 11 chicken eggs and 1 guinea egg.  The guinea egg is on the upper left - the small dark brown egg.


I've been using this little plastic Easter egg basket until I find an egg basket I like.


Today we colored some hard-boiled eggs for Easter.  I wasn't sure if the colors would turn out, since the eggs were light brown to start, but they turned out well.

Happy Easter!!

7 comments:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

that little blue plastic basket I saw for sale in a store which I thought it was sorta cute with the egg on it. I've never found a guinea egg, I've got to start digging around.

Country Girl said...

Happy Easter Lynn- to Mom and Randy too. Beautiful eggs.

CaliforniaGrammy said...

I was wondering how the brown ones would take the color, and they do just fine. Gorgeous Easter Eggs!

Gail said...

Beautiful eggs. Happy Easter

AJ-OAKS said...

Happy to see that the brown eggs took the color so well. I hard boiled white ones, brown ones and green ones. Hmmm, wonder if the green ones will take the color as well as the brown ones. Guess we are going to find out here shortly.

Razzberry Corner said...

Joanna - I got that little basket at a CVS drugstore on sale for only $1. I thought it was a cute little egg basket. My guineas always leave their eggs around under the bushes, in the brush. I think I miss alot of their eggs.

Barb - Happy Easter to you, too! Sorry I missed your call - I was outside working.

CaliforniaGrammy - I didn't think the brown eggs would take color that well, either!

Gail - Happy Easter to you too!

Cindy - How did your eggs turn out? How did the green ones do? I wish I had green eggs!! You don't even have to color them!

~Lynn

Knatolee said...

Very pretty eggs! What do the guinea eggs taste like?