Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blizzard is Over, Feb 11 2010

It has finally stopped snowing in Maryland.

The snow may be over, but the wind refuses to stop.  It's blowing and very cold outside.  The snow has drifted into snowdrifts that are over my head.  When all is said and done, I think I read somewhere that we got near 55 inches of snow.  This is record snow for Maryland.  It is exciting to see history take place! 


I love this picture because it shows how deep the snow is.  At this spot by our cemetery, it was almost up to my waist.  Randy plowed the road with the tractor, but you can see deer tracks left in the snow.  They like to eat the cedar trees in the cemetery.



This is my car.  Luckily I have not had to go to work this week.  I think most of the Washington DC area is shut down, still in shock over this storm.


One of the fields.  Today is a bright sunny, but windy day.  If you look closely, you can see the deer tracks in the field.


Now these are my tracks.  I ventured out into the backyard to put corn in the deer feeder, and disturbed the perfect snow.


Stay warm!

7 comments:

AJ-OAKS said...

That is a lot of snow! The icicles are amazing. Your car can barely be seen. You are more than welcome to send a lot of that snow my way. We haven't had much a winter. Stay warm and safe.

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

It certainly is a lot of snow. We were able to get out of our home but the road just up the street is drifted to 5 feet high between the cornfields. We are still waiting for the county to come plow us out!

Gail said...

OH, my, oh my, you do have snow. I have no snow compared to this! We were crippled with twelve inches.

Stay warm and enjoy the beauty around you. Your photos are stunning.

Knatolee said...

My oh my!! I have a friend in Silver Spring, and I keep telling her that you guys stole our winter. :)

Randy said...

Cindy - You can have all this snow any day!!

Tracey - I hope the county came & plowed you out! Luckily, we have an old tractor, so my husband took care of our plowing!

Gail - I enjoyed an entire week off work with all the snow, so I'm not complaining!! :)

Kantolee - Silver Spring is not too far away, just on the other side of DC from us! It's a small world! ...Something happened wrong if we got a Canadian winter in DC!! thanks for visiting - I enjoyed reading your blog & will check it out more!

~Lynn

Anonymous said...

Do you have window shutters that actually function? I've never seen them with hinges like that - do you use them? Cool.

Razzberry Corner said...

Jennah- Yes, we have shutters that actually are closeable! They were built back in the 1850's. I guess people back then actually closed them to keep the cold out, but we don't - it would be too much work to open & close them every day!! Our place is a historic old home on lots of land. There are some pretty interesting things that come with old places like this (like the old cemetary, real outhouses, the ice house), and also lots of maintenance and renovations come hand-in-hand.
~Lynn